British society of Orthopaedic anaesthetists (BSOA) charity was founded in 2019. It has 5 elected trustees. It holds an AGM to discuss the progress made by the charity in accordance with the vision and core values set by its founding members.
- Trainee education and support. We run a trainee poster and presentation competition in all our meetings and have international representation.
- Education in anaesthesia for the public and medical professionals.
- Heritage through a national archive and anaesthesia history projects.
- International grants and projects to support anaesthesia in lower resource countries.
- Research funding to promote improvements in patient care.
Rita Gad Elrab
Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham